IEEE WCCI 2010 How To Arrive to Barcelona. Airports near Barcelona Area
View IEEE WCCI 2010 How To Arrive in a larger map
- Information about Spanish airports (www.aena.es)
- Volcanic Cloud: In relation with the evolution of the cloud of proceeding ashes from the volcano Eyjafjallajökull, you can find detailed information about de warnings in the awareness reports issued for each country and at:
- Information about flights on real time
- Arrival to El Prat Airport.
This is the main airport and the nearest to Barcelona. It is situated at 13 km (8 miles) if you need more details you can see the Map of the airport.
- To arrive from El Prat Ariport to the city:
- By bus
- There is an Aerobus A1 (from Terminal T1) or Aerobus A2 (from Terminal T2) between the Airport and Plaza Espanya and Plaza de Catalunya.
- Stops: On the roadways outside T1 Arrivals and T1 Departures or T2.
- Timetable: For more information regarding timetables and fares, we recommend you to visit the website of the Metropilitan Transport Enterprise TMB. (Aerobus A1 and Aerobus A2)
- Stops: Cargo terminal, T2B (Departures and on the corner of T2B, next to the entrance to the technical block) and T2C (on the opposite side).
- Prices: one way €5 two ways: €8.65
- Duration: between 25 and 30 min
- In addition you can take Urban Bus Line 46 (Plaza de España - Airport).
- Stops: Cargo terminal, T2B (Departures and on the corner of T2B, next to the entrance to the technical block), T2C (roadway on the opposite side) and T1 (departures and arrivals roadways).
- Timetable: It works from 5AM up to the midnight.
- Prices: The ticket costs €1.40.
- Duration: It is the way of transport that slower in coming and it does not possess structures for the suitcases
- More information: For more information regarding the route
- By taxi
- Stops: opposite to the terminal A, B and C.
- Prices on working days (these are approximate rates): to Plaza Spain 15€; to Plaza Catalonia 18 €; to the CCIB 20 to 25 €. These rates include supplement for exit of the airport. The supplement for suitcase is of 1.00 €.
- On Saturdays, festive and in night schedule from 21:00 until 7:00 (these are approximate rates): to Pl. España 20€; to Pl. Catalunya 23 €; to the CCIB 25 to 30 €. These rates include supplement for exit of the airport. The supplement for suitcase is of 1.00 €.
- Taxis for handicapped persons: ask for Information at the airport.
- By train
- Times: gone out airport, from 6:13 up to 23:40.
- Frequency: 30 minutes.
- Journey time: 17 minutes to Sants Station (PONER EL ENLACE A "ONCE IN THE CITY – De Sants a los hoteles")., 23 to Plaza Catalonia
- Prices: The station Airport is inside the tariff integrated system (zone 1) of the Metropolitan region of Barcelona, so the price is 2.20 €.
- More information: Train Line R2 North
- Arrival to Reus Airport.
The Reus airport is the most economic access to Barcelona, is to 95 km (59 miles).
- To arrive from the Reus Ariport to the city:
- By bus
- Reus Airport - Barcelona Line - covering the route between the Reus airport and the city of Barcelona (María Cristina square and Sants station).This journey takes around 90 minutes and the buses can be caught directly outside of the arrivals terminal. The timetables do vary throughout the year as the journeys are planned to meet the flights that are arriving each day. The journey time is around 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Route map: For this information you can call (+34) 938 044 45.
- Arrival to Girona Airport.
- The Girona airport is an alternative airport for Barcelona, though the airport is 92 km (57.5 miles) north of Barcelona. Passengers can transfer to Barcelona by bus or taxi from the airport, or by train from Girona railway station.
- By Bus:
- Girona Airport – Reus Train station (http://www.reus-airport.net/transports.htm) at Pl. María Cristina and Sants Station). The journey takes 1 hour 10 minutes, and the departure schedule depends on flights but usually leaves every 25 minutes. The ticket office is inside the arrivals terminal and can be easily identified as it has a grey circle with the yellow T in the middle. The last bus leaves to Barcelona at 17:05 pm. More information can be found at http://www.reustransport.com/.
- i.Airport - Barcelona Nord Station. The journey takes 1 hour 10 minutes, and the departure schedule depends on flights. On Sunday the last bus leaves Barcelona at 19:15 pm)
- Prices one way 12€ two ways 21€
- Durations: 1hour 10 minutes
- To arrive from the bus station of Barcelona Nord to the Forum
- To arrive the Conference Hotels from Barcelona Nord Station (PONER EL ENLACE A ONCE IN THE CITY)
- By Train: the Girona train station is about 20 minutes from the airport (around 20€ in taxi). Then, the train from Girona to Barcelona Sants Station is about 1h 20m.The ticket cost between 8.80€ and 19.40€ depending on the train category (http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/index.html)
- By Taxi: the journey from Airport to Barcelona is around120€ (123€ during night or weekend).
- Barcelona Port Regular lines: The port is located in the city downtown, so to see how to arrive from here to the Conference Hotels please click here (PONER EL ENLACE A “ONCE IN THE CITY). The usual companies to come to Barcelona are:
- Arrival to Sants Station: By bus you can come from Europe with the company Eurolines.
- To arrive from Sants station to the conference Hotels (PONER EL ENLACE A “ONCE IN THE CITY”).